Raymond S. Mowery and his brother, Clarence, open a construction company in Carlisle, Pennsylvania focusing on residential and light commercial construction in the Carlisle and Harrisburg areas.
In support of the WWII effort, the company joins with other area contractors to work as a consortium for the U.S. government to expand the New Cumberland Army Depot and to build new depots for the Navy in Mechanicsburg and the Army at Letterkenny, near Chambersburg.
With the war over, the company pursues institutional work focusing on public schools, college/university buildings, hospitals and facilities for both the state and federal government.
The business is incorporated as R. S. Mowery & Sons, Inc.
Donald V. Mowery becomes president.
Mowery undertakes office park and industrial park real estate and development.
Mowery expands its expertise in the area of Design-Build Construction.
The company begins providing Construction Management Services and is awarded its first project.
Donald H. Mowery, PE becomes the third president.
Mowery is first recognized by Engineering-News Record as one of the Top 400 Contractors in the nation.
Development of the Bent Creek Office Park in Mechanicsburg, PA.
A new corporate office is opened at 1000 Bent Creek Boulevard in Silver Spring Township.
Milestone reached: $1 billion of completed projects.
Central Penn Business Journal names Mowery as Business of the Year (for 51-100 employees).
Mowery is recognized by the Central Penn Business Journal as the Fastest Growing Company in the region.
David L. Cross joins the company as president. Donald H. Mowery becomes CEO and chairman of the board.
Milestone reached: $2 billion of completed projects.
Mowery is once again recognized by the Central Penn Business Journal as one of the Top Fastest Growing Companies in the region.
David L. Cross becomes the owner of Mowery.
For the third time in less than 10 years, Mowery is recognized by the Central Penn Business Journal as one of the Top Fastest Growing Companies in the region.